Sunday, May 20, 2012

Fireplace? Check.

Painting tile? Sure, why not! My 20 minute weekend project turned out to be pretty satisfying. Mix that with the hubby helping organize the garage/attic and we had ourselves a pretty good weekend (or at least an updated one! I'm not sure if cleaning and painting top everyone's lists; but they sure make me happy). Behold! Our current fireplace:
Sure, we still want to tile, build a mantle, add a glass door and fix the damper (so we can actually, you know, use the fireplace) but until then, this will do.
(Walter, my star. He helped, of course.) I've heard nothing but good things about painting terra cotta so far-- and I figure, we planned on pulling it out in the first place, so it was worth a shot! I'll keep you posted on how things hold up. Lord knows puppy claws aren't too kind to things.

2 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness! It looks so much better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice work! Love seeing all the updates! Keep them coming!

    ReplyDelete