Monday, September 16, 2013

A little photoshoot

I've had a few people ask me why we hadn't taken newborn photos (where babies are posed to be wrapped in strange things looking contemplative or hanging out with strangely contemplative faces). At first, my thoughts were that they were expensive and a bit silly (and my sister did such a fabulous job in the hospital, I felt extremely lucky!). However now I'm feeling a bit sad that I don't have even more photos of our gal in her first few days. In a 'better late than never' attempt, I set up a mini-photoshoot in our bedroom to try and capture a few 'birth announcement worthy' photos of our own-- even at nearly two months old. I think they turned out pretty well! I'm still not sure which announcement route to choose (is a two-month old photo too old for an announcement?) but I am having fun looking regardless. (To design or not to design? Minted.com has some fabulous options, but being a designer I always feel guilted into doing them myself-- hmm...)






Kelly came over the other day too-- and took this little pic while she was getting changed; she loves time on the changing table!! Some of my favorite faces so far. That's where I get the majority of smiles in my day for sure.



In other news... I go back to work on Thursday. I can't believe how fast two months has flown by. I feel extremely lucky that I have a job I love, and that Norah gets to go hang out with my mom (I was so lucky to have her growing up, and feel even more blessed that she wants to be such a huge part of my daughter's life). Even though this is the most amazing solution for us, it's still heartbreaking. I am trying to soak up every smile this last week. Until then, I'm trying not to think about how hard it's going to be to be away for her 9 hours a day. Transitions are never fun.

Alrighty, I'm off to do some more snuggling :)








3 comments:

  1. I love love lOVE these pictures! I have the middle one printed out and hanging on my metal deally in the kitchen. Our house guests last weekend were like "Wow, that is a beautiful baby!" James and I were like yeah that's our niece. She's the most beautiful baby in the world.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aaaw :) I adore you sister. You guys are the best :)

    ReplyDelete