Tuesday, September 10, 2013

7 Weeks!

I can't believe it's been seven weeks already. Norah has been keeping us plenty busy-- the past few weeks we have been figuring out how to sleep (and when!), and also starting to figure out things outside of the house.


I learned the hard way that keeping her up too late equals an even later night for me. A few nights of 'hyperactive baby', left me to some 3am Googling, which lead me to the idea that a hyperactive baby in the night equaled a sleep deprived baby. Lesson learned! We've been putting her down at 8pm or so, and now she has been much happier. The other night, she slept for a whole seven hours in a row! We have also been instructed by the pediatrician to stretch her feedings out a bit, looks like a full nights sleep might be nearly around the corner.


I can't believe fall is around the corner! Which in our house means lots of beef stew, apple cider candles and football. Lots of football! Our lovely friends have provided us with a bit of football gear (thanks Jess!!) which makes Bryan a happy dad :) We also spent the other weekend sprucing up our backyard a bit; my dad showed Bryan how to use the paint sprayer to stain our silvering fence-- it looks awesome! (I did my part as well, by tearing out the old red shed-- with my bare hands-- post-partum power!!) 


Norah is still dictating my days, which means my posting is a bit erratic-- today for instance, she ended up taking her 11:00am nap right about now at 3:00pm-- sleepy gal! My house suffers, but I don't mind. I'm so thankful she's sleeping at night so I don't need to nap when she naps. 

Other than that, we have been out and about in the world more these days-- we went out on a date with her the other day, first to Home Depot-- then another night to the Ram and Babies R' Us. Little steps! Yesterday Grete kidnapped us and took us to a pickling stand in Puyallup and out to lunch... we had so much fun! Every time we take her out it gets a bit easier. It's definitely been an adjustment, but each time we do something new I get excited. I am so excited to make more memories with her.




No comments:

Post a Comment