Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Baby Wisely: 20 Weeks




How far along? 20 weeks (the size of a a banana, 6 1/2 inches long)

Best moment this week: Finding our that our bean is actually a beanette!! It's so nice to finally put a gender our baby. It was really starting to get confusing; some days she'd be a girl, others a boy, others an 'it'... no bueno. We have officially been dubbed parents of a--very healthy--and big!--female!

Movement: Yes! Still punching and kicking up a storm. Took a friends advice and sugar-loaded before our ultrasound today; she's been dancing around ever since.

Food cravings: Pumpkin flax granola cereal. So what if it's only half way through the week and I've gone through my weeks worth of cereal and nearly all of my milk? Also, anything sweet almost always sounds like a good idea. If it has cinnamon and sugar I'm all over it.

Anything sounding disgusting? Salty things actually. Which is odd. Nothing is making me nauseous, but I don't really get excited over salty snacks anymore. Feeling like I've lost a bit of my old identity.

How's the belly? Growing steadily!

Gender?: GIRL!!! We've decided from her profile that she has Bryan's chin and both of our long legs-- getting excited to meet her in person already :)

Sleep? Body pillow has definitely made life easier. I'm missing sleeping on my face.

Belly button situation? Soft and protruding as always!

Clothing situation? Tall pregnant ladies? I would direct you to Motherhood Maternity. Invested in two decently cheap pairs of jeans-- which actually fit better than my last handfull of jean purchases. Score! Now only if I could live in them all the time... (Also did a bit of tank shopping online, expected to arrive next week-- I figure if I have jeans and tank tops, I should be able to survive alright for awhile at least!)

I'm generally feeling: Hormonal, which is good and bad-- if I'm grumpy, I'm super grumpy-- If I'm happy, I'm usually skipping around and singing somewhere. It could be worse!










4 comments:

  1. Thanks Sara for letting me be there yesterday when we found out you were having our granddaughter!! she's going to be beautiful!! I could tell by all the wonderful pictures!! how neat and very special to be able to see so much before she is even ready to come out.... happy happy grandma I am.... I told Dad this morning... what will this little girl call me... He mentioned all kinds of names... I said no no no... hey I got it... she can call me Grandpa! ( joking ) Dad said NOPE!! TAKEN!!! hehehe love you lots!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was so great to have you there!! And yes I agree, I am so happy she looks healthy so far too, neat to be able to use a new machine :) and she is already so lucky to have you both as grandparents... love you lots too!!

      Delete
  2. This baby girl is going to be so painfully adorable :) Look at that profile!

    ReplyDelete