Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Baby Wisely: Week 19



How far along? 19 weeks (6 inches; large mango baby!)

Best moment this week: Having Bryan feel baby! All day yesterday I started feeling sharper pokes (not so much 'spinning', but more 'hey-- that feels an awful lot like an apendage); ended up watching a movie with Bryan's hand on my tummy and he got to take part in the experience as well. So great! I'm happy he gets to feel a small bit of what I've been feeling!

Movement: Yes! Tiny pokes throughout the day. Things that make baby happy at the moment? Hockey games/Bryan narrating hockey games, loud music, and after eating. Very neat!

Food cravings: Nothing crazy yet-- I'm still rather surprised by this?? Perhaps I eat too odd regularly.

Anything sounding disgusting? Not this week. Hooray gaining extra pounds because everything sounds so delicious!

How's the belly? Feeling biiiiiiigger. Along with the rest of me. Gotta maintain a healthy, baby padded ball of lady-oven over here (I'm for it)!

Gender prediction: Finding out NEXT WEEK. No more predictions. SO EXCITED.

Sleep? Invested in a body pillow. Getting a bit sick of this 'sleeping on your left side only' thing. Why is it that as soon as you hear something 'helpful', it immediately makes you crave doing anything but that!??! I miss sleeping on my face...

Belly button situation? Starting to gain visibility outside of the clothes.

Clothing situation? Maternity jeans? Fail. I guess I shouldn't have been surprised-- it takes me months to find pants regularly so I couldn't expect to score on my first online purchase. Sticking to jersey still!

I'm generally feeling: Happy! And spacey. Sometimes I get distracted by the cute little pokes that are happening. (I'm sure they won't be as adorable once they morph into drop-kicks and the like.)

Looking forward to: Next week!! EEE!!











6 comments:

  1. Yay!!! I'm excited to feel baby kick!!! Your belly is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOOHOOOO baby moving!! yeh! Bryan feeling baby moving YEH!!!! love the updates....what about getting a pair of your jeans and cutting out the front and sewing in a stretchy panel...that way the length would fit.... would it work?? you wouldn't see it under a longer top.... just an idea... ((hugs)) looking forward to next week... Mom

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been considering doing that-- rough thing is, at the moment only two pairs of my jeans fit well! (Ones I love and will most likely fit after baby, so I don't want to cut them up) I've considered finding a pair at the thrift store and sewing a panel into them... agreed, you wouldn't see it-- and it would be much more comfortable!!

      Delete
  3. Random, but I did see the stretchy bands at target for the tops of your jeans! Might be worth checking out?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I definitely own one! They are super helpful with my work pants, but rather uncomfortable with jeans at this point. (With a booty like mine the thing has a tendency to shoot up your back every time I say down!) Thanks so much for the tip though!!

      Delete
  4. I did see the stretchy band for the top of your jeans at Target! I obviously don't have a lot of experience in this department but it might be worth checking out!

    ReplyDelete