Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Baby Wisely: Week 18



How far along? 18 weeks, and the size of a bell pepper (about 5 1/2 inches long head to tush).

Best moment this week: Feeling the first little 'flutters'-- they're subtle, but noticeable!

Miss anything yet? Missing a lot of things, but it's still all worth it for sure.

Movement: Just super subtle ones-- but it's definitely a change! (Actually feeling a little flutter as I type this...)

Food cravings: I don't know if this counts, but I can hardly finish something savory without drooling over something I can eat sweet afterwards. So perhaps more of a food habit than a craving?

Anything sounding disgusting? Nope! I'm good with life at the moment.

How's the belly? Getting larger and rounder-- officially sits in my lap when I sit down. Crazy feeling, for sure. (Also, it's been amusing me that whenever I cough or laugh my whole belly lifts-- it's pretty odd-looking.)

Gender prediction: Officially baffled, and also officially held fast in neutral ground on my opinion about it.

Sleep? Dreaming about getting attached by bad guys from Lord of the Rings, but other than that it's been good.

Belly button situation? Outie, and quite soft.

Clothing situation? Bought my first (two!) pairs of maternity pants online. Loving the fact that they make tall jeans with stretchy things-- here's hoping they fit!

I'm generally feeling: Quite chipper.

Looking forward to: My doc appointment tomorrow, so I can hear that little heartbeat again-- then the BIG one two weeks from now! (Boy or girl... the suspense is killing me!!)












5 comments:

  1. Hey sister! What kind of bad guys from Lord of the Rings? Orcs? Perhaps you need a picture of Ian McKellen over your bed. He is both Gandalf and Magneto so he should be able to protect you. http://www.alfabetajuega.com/thumbnails/imagenes/201301/30280.gandalf_magneto.not.jpg

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes!! Orcs!! Super creepy dreams :/ I might have to invest in that poster for sure. He's kind of my hero.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how Amy and Kelly can help you out there!!! Me I am loving the updates!! this is so neat and wonderful to read the changes you are going through... and week by week.. you think you will remember them but having them written down you can go back and see... love love love it... you are going to make the best Auntie in the whole world Amy... we are both so lucky to be able to share in this little person's life!! And how lucky Sara is to have such a wonderful friend, Kelly!! Mom

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's so neat that Amy can help you out with your scary dreams!!! I love that I can read every week the little changes you are going through Sara!! It's been very exciting!! how neat that you will be able to go back and read this... Sara you are blessed to have such a good friend in Kelly! And Amy you are going to be the bestest Auntie in the whole world!! we are going to spoil that little baby with lots and lots of love! Mom

    ReplyDelete