Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Baby Wisely: Week 21


How far along? 21 weeks (the length of a carrot, about 10.5 inches)

Best moment this week: Making our kickoff trip to Ikea to purchase a crib (and other fun things. How fun is the kids section at Ikea?!)

Movement: Yup-- our little gal is dancing around like crazy. I'm discovering hot drinks make her poke around a bunch, which is hilarious. (Not sure why though?! Maybe its purely coincidental...)

Food cravings: Nothing too crazy this week. Our sweetie is still craving lots of sweets; that's it generally.

Anything sounding disgusting? Not so much! (Always nice!)

How's the belly? Getting bigger-- making my favorite pea coat fit snugly!

Gender?: Lovely baby girl!

Sleep? Not so great this week. Lots of tossing, turning, crazy dreams, and middle of the night bathroom runs.

Belly button situation? Has officially been dubbed the 'piggy' belly button.

Clothing situation? Loving maternity tanks and jeans. And pj pants. And stretchy tops. Oh yes, who's cozy?! I am.

I'm generally feeling: Great this week. Being able to wrap my mind around having a girl is making me super happy.


In other news, lots has been happening in the Wisely household! We are officially 98% finished with our fireplace mantle, which is super exciting. You can't have a kid without something to hang stockings on at Christmas, obviously.



Also, I can't bring the camera out without Walter giving me his handsome face. Documented.





Lastly, we bought a crib! After quite a bit of shopping, we decided on this one from Ikea. Super cheap, great reviews, and converts to a toddler bed later on. Score! We also bought frames for some great prints we bought in France. The problem is, although we originally thought they would work for both a girl or a boy, we discovered that's not quite the case. (Also, please disregard our sad, undressed crib mattress and other messy things. This is an 'in progress' shot, after all.)




The ones with the parachutes are my favorite, but I don't think they're going to work. A bit too boyish for our little gal. We're thinking the circus one might still work though, so that's a plus. Also, we love the little foxes we bought at Ikea too.





So who knows. I'm no pro at decorating, but I've been enjoying the heck out of trying. I don't think you can go wrong when you're decorating for a little one-- there are far too many cute things out there. I will be updating more often, for sure!

























3 comments:

  1. LOVE YOUR FIREPLACE! Such a huge difference from when you moved in!

    I think the prints are great! You really need the set. I think you just need a unicorn somewhere to balance them. Yes, definitely a unicorn. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been waiting for this update!!! love the crib!!! and prints! and your fireplace turned out wonderful!! so Glad Dad got to be involved!!! I have to agree with Amy!! I like the unicorn idea!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it all!!! I am so excited to see the crib! :)

    Love you!

    ReplyDelete