Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Norah's first encounter with Santa

A few weekends ago, I was lucky enough to steal my mom and sister for a shopping trip (one of my favorite traditions). While at the mall, we were shocked to find that no one was in line to see Santa-- so quickly, I did a few things:
  1. Called husband. Asked if he would be sad if Norah visited Santa without him (he was sad he couldn't be a part of the experience, but agreed that we wouldn't have time to go back later in the season)
  2. Purchased a Christmas dress. Got help getting beautified by Mom and Sister in the Sears bathroom (Woo! Classy!)
  3. Caught Santa, waited a whole 45 seconds in line.
  4. Took adorable photographs. No smiles, but no crying was a good thing!
  5. Changed back into regular outfit--courtesy of Mom and Sister in the mall lounge-- so no fussing commenced.
Overall? Super excited. I have to admit, early planning isn't one of my strong suits. So this worked out for the best (lord knows I would have been sad if Norah didn't get her first photo with Santa-- or sad as well if we had to wait an hour in line to see him as well!)


This is, of course, a stark difference from the first time that I met Santa-- let's just say it didn't go well. And although my sister appears very unhelpful in aiding me in my attempt to ask for help during my childhood, she was extremely helpful in helping Norah be happy during her photos. 


("Amy. That's NOT SANTA. Look at the beard! And I'm pretty sure those eyebrows are fake TOO!")



3 comments:

  1. Norah's santa was much less creepy looking. She looks adorable!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was so much fun!! And I'm pretty sure that was the real Santa! I didn't believe that helper that said he was her grandpa!! I think she was telling us a story!! I really enjoyed shopping with my "3" girls!!!! ( just wish I had thought to have the three of you sit on Santa's chair!!! )

    ReplyDelete