Sunday, February 7, 2016

Baby Wisely #2: Week 35



How far along? 35 weeks, a crenshaw melon?! Not sure what that is. All I know is this week I had the ultrasound tech show me that her head is in my hip, and her bum and legs are up in my ribs. A much better visual.

Best moment this week: Finding out yesterday that our girl is head down!! YEAH!! (Norah was frank breech and was the reason I needed a c-section-- I've been approved for VBAC, and now just crossing our fingers that everything goes well!) It was wonderful seeing our little sprout again, too-- they were finally able to get a nice profile picture of her, which was amazing! I can't believe we are approaching the home stretch! 

Confusing pregnancy symptom of the week? Is being as wide as you are tall a symptom? I feel like I'm approaching being as wide as I am tall. Especially while sitting.

Movement: We had a great anatomy lesson yesterday with, 'here's where her back is, here's where her bum is,' which was great... all those crazy thumps and whatnot on my right side have been her pushing her back, shoulders and bum out against my tum-- so I get all sorts of octopus-y feelings inside (where her hands and feet are flailing around) and huge thumps where she is just straight up pushing. Nuts!

Food cravings:  Juuuuuuuuuuuuice. Apple juice, in particular. Watered down, actually. That's an odd one.

Anything sounding disgusting? Nope!

Sleep? Sleeping more! And sleeping a bit more comfortably, which is odd considering my size. Not to say flipping over is any easier, though.

Clothing situation? Still hating anything that touches my upper ribs, but I feel like I'm finally figuring out a small piece of my wardrobe that makes me comfortable. Mainly, my four or so maxi dresses. Considering just taping my boobs rather than wearing a bra...

I'm generally feeling: Nesty, excited, and happy all over.

Notable sibling moments: Norah has been in full on, adorable story telling mode. She will tell me long stories about her day, mixed with whatever she's looking at, or seen on tv throughout the day. I am going to attempt to get this on video (although some of her best stories are on our way home from Nana's house... she played outside and blew bubbles, but then Ursula from the Little Mermaid showed up; who is a stinker; she took her bubbles, but then it was okay because Lily--my parent's cat--came in and took a nap with her, which made it all better.)  

House update?: Crib is assembled, and room is cleaned out-- on to decorating! We still need to find a dresser, but other than that, this is the fun part. I've made it my goal of the week to have things put together. (On a side note, it's hard to clean and nest when your dryer is broken... got a new one from CraigsList, but need to find an adapter to the gas line which apparently isn't available at hardware stores...?!?! still looking. Fingers crossed. Laundry is starting to become an epidemic.

Looking forward to: Even more nesting! Today I tackled the junk drawer and my baking cabinets. And fixed our cabinets (which have forever loosey-goosey joints that like to sag). Next, on to the bathroom cabinets and pantry.... oooooh, the pantry...

No comments:

Post a Comment