Thursday, January 28, 2016

Baby Wisely #2: Week 34


How far along? 
34 weeks

Best moment this week: Finding out that my sweet coworkers are throwing us a baby shower! (We don't need hardly anything for her, but I love any excuse to eat with friends and celebrate our sweet girl!) I am so lucky to be surrounded by so many awesome folks. Color me spoiled.  

Confusing pregnancy symptom of the week? Baby positioning. I swear-- in the middle of a text conversation about how happy I was that baby was in the right position (I have been feeling hiccips in my hips, and midwife says she's head down--) she flipped over. Massive spins, lots of stretchy sideways pressure (is that a thing? I'm going to go ahead and say that's a thing.) and then BAM. Hiccups in my ribs again. BABY. GO DOWN.

Movement: We're at the full on, 'see that point? Yep. My belly is pointed. Is that a bum? I'm not sure. But man... she's rocking in there. Fully awake and jamming up a storm as I type, actually.

Food cravings:  Oddly, this week I want a piece of nutty white bread, miracle whip and iceberg lettuce. For going on about three days now. Dang. Still sounds good.

Anything sounding disgusting? Nope!

Sleep? Revenge of the creepy, real-life plus a few really horrible things type of dreams. No bueno. I do need to get more sleep though, so that could be contributing...

Clothing situation? Squishier bras have made my life much better... so, so good. I'm wearing my robe now, and I wish this is the way it could be for the next six weeks.

I'm generally feeling: A bit sore, but very squishy about life at the moment.

Notable sibling moments: Getting excited about babies! She's been so excited to go snuggle/hold/give babies presents she finds. Such a far cry from a few weeks ago, were if it absolutely wasn't focused on her she would get confused and ignore you. Reasoning for the win! 

House update?: Minus one set of curtains that needs to be hung, and one set of nerdy shelves that needs to be moved, Norah's room is done! Sprout's room will hopefully be more complete after this weekend, when we get a crib from Meghan and Chris (thanks guys!!!!!) and perhaps a dresser? 

Looking forward to: Still decorating! Now that all the stressful things are done all this is a lot more fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment