Friday, January 1, 2016

Baby Wisely #2: Week 30


How far along? 30 weeks, the length of a cucumber (3+ pounds at this point??)

Best moment this week: Having a wonderful Christmas with our little bean, and growing sprout! (I promise I'm growing humans, not vegetables. We're on question two, and I've already named three..) Norah had a pretty odd but overall great day, and we got to spend a bit of time relaxing too after all the holiday planning!

Confusing pregnancy symptom of the week? Any time I sit for more than a few minutes, it takes me a little while to get up to speed when standing... (I feel like an old lady, I do the creaky, slow-moving dance after I've been sitting at my desk too long...)

Movement: Lots of jabs, and pretty sure there's a consistent knee right in my right side (exactly where Norah used to prod me... pleeeeeease move head-down, baby!!)

Food cravings:  Nothing really-- although I dare say I've had enough sweets?! I attacked a veggie tray full force yesterday and it was glorious. 

Anything sounding disgusting? Nope! Life is pretty good. I got a Chemex from my parents for Christmas, so I've been even digging my decaf coffee with milk only. (Not as sweet as I usually go, but it's now something that's sounding amazing.) 

Sleep? Still great, although she likes to suffocate me the first few minutes upon settling and lying down :) 

Clothing situation? Pretty anti-pant at the moment. I've been spending this week in maxi dresses and trying to pretend that it's not 25 degrees outside (I am getting to the point where anything touching my belly/waistband area is horrid... I want to be freeeeeeeeeee! At this point with Norah I could go full-on tent dress because it was summer.)

I'm generally feeling: Really, really well these days. Other than my body not wanting to keep up with how much I'd like to do; life is pretty grand. I'm feeling super fortunate for lots of things these days; mainly pretty darn family-squishy... I love my family!! (How did I get so lucky??)

Notable sibling moments: Norah wanting to organize and play with her wrapped presents only. After letting her play for quite awhile, we told her she had to open them... which lead to a full-on tantrum in her room for ten minutes. I'm going to remind her in six years or so of this. We got it on video. Muahaha.

Looking forward to: More nesting!! All this decluttering and downsizing we've been doing has been one part stressful, three parts theraputic. We put some paint samples on the wall today in Norah's new big girl room (purple, go figure!) and are making some serious progress. Tomorrow all Bryan's things get re-homed in the garage or attic, and I start attacking all the frivolously boxed up and tossed in the attic in case we had another girl baby things-- hopefully will be a productive week! 

No comments:

Post a Comment