Thursday, October 22, 2015

Baby Wisely #2: Week 20


How far along? 20 weeks

Best moment this week:  Finding out our little sprout is a GIRL!!! Norah is getting a little sister!

Confusing pregnancy symptom of the week?  My belly button feeling like it is moving separately from the rest of my tummy. It's been like this for awhile, but it's getting stronger and more hilarious.

Movement: She (aaaah! Love that I get to say 'she!') is getting more and more active during the day; she is especially kicky in the mornings and when I put Norah down at night. Already kicking sister!

Food cravings:  No cravings really other than the usual suspects! It was my 30th birthday on Friday, and I was so lucky to be spoiled with a ton of (amazingly Harry Potter themed) food-- one of the non-themed items that hit the spot was some prego-friendly (read: No eggs) cookie dough. YES. (Steak pie, potatoes and pumpkin pasties also hit the spot... YUM!) 

Anything sounding disgusting? Still anti-coffee, pro everything else

Gender prediction:  Poor little lady!! I was so thrown off with my symptoms being so different from Norah-- this has been the first lesson in, 'every person is different!' We are over the moon to be having another girl. Probably the easiest thing to put my finger on is the fact that we are already set with most things we need (other than making sure she has a few things that are her own to keep for the future), but the thing that warms our heart too is the fact that now they have each other. Sisters, as I can attest to, are amazing. My sister and I are a little over 3.5 years apart, and weren't really close until my college years (what can I say, she was pretty wonderful and I wanted to be her all my life!), but I tell you what-- no better gift in the world. It's like another part of my brain is in another person; she gets me. I am so excited for Norah and baby. 

Sleep?  Really, really all sorts of it! I am all over napping. And then being woken up by sweet Bryan. Then going to bed and sleeping even harder. Man. Tired this week!!

Clothing situation?  The tum is escaping many of my remaining non-maternity things; most notably sweatshirts and pajamas... maternity-only ahoy!

I'm generally feeling: Pretty optimistic this week! Can't help it. My brain has officially switched to multiple levels of girly decorated things, sisterhood and the fact that I feel like I am prepared for what this baby has for me! (I think if we were to have had a boy, my brain would be in the, 'holy crap, what the heck do I do with a boy...') Let's do this!!

Notable sibling moments: I feel like Norah is slowly checking off all of the ways to disagree with us all. First it was hitting; and (thankfully) that didn't hold up. Then it was kicking (and now no more). Now it's LOUD screaming. For no reason. Let's hope baby doesn't think Norah is just a ball of screams. Heck, let's hope that Norah doesn't think baby is just a ball of screams. Here's hoping this phase lasts relatively short too, so we can get closer to understanding feelings :)

Looking forward to: Trying not to look forward to anything!! The last bundle of months has shown me how fast time trucks by when you're not looking. I am enjoying every minute of soaking up Norah being our only child (out of the womb, that is), quiet nights and long bouts of sleep. (Also, trying to remember these things, because it's hard not to want to fast forward everything else so you can see another sweet, sweet face. Knowing how amazingly Norah has changed our world, Bryan and I are feeling incredibly squishy and blessed that we get to do this again. Nuts, I say!!)



2 comments:

  1. I'm so excited to have another niece!!! Having a sister is simply the best. There is a lot of pressure being a big sister though. Norah will be a role model while trying to figure out who she is which can be distracting and frustrating. Just have her call Auntie Amy if she needs any words of wisdom or if she decides her little sister might make a suitable horse :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that our two girls are close now!! and I am all over Norah using this new little sister for a suitable horsey one day.... it's what happens!!! Norah and baby sprout are very very lucky to have a wonderful Aunty Amy and Uncle James!! love you all lots!!

    ReplyDelete