Thursday, October 29, 2015

Baby Wisely #2: Week 21


How far along? 21 weeks

Best moment this week:  Having this all be a little more real, as two of my close friends are getting ready to have their babies in a week or two! (Helped Kelly nest a bit and put together her nursery, which was a blast!)

Confusing pregnancy symptom of the week?  Feeling starving all the time, then super packed full, then not caring that you are super packed full and wanting nothing more than to eat more.

Movement: Our gal is for sure a kicker! Or dancer. Or just a happy little thing. So far as I can tell, she's kickiest when I am laying down to go to sleep, or when I'm wearing pants. Seems to like kicking my waistband!

Food cravings:  Odd things this week! Today it was a mojito... or not a mojito, but even a lemon lime soda with muddled mint... that sounds awesome. 

Anything sounding disgusting? Coffee, and oddly this week, black olives sound terrible. (Green olives on the other hand, sound super tasty.) 

Sleep?  Still can hardly stay awake after I put Norah to sleep. If I'm ever late on my weekly post, it's because I've taken a three hour nap before I hit the sack. After that I sleep super well though. No crazy dreams, no tinkle stops. Just sweet, sweet sleep. 

Clothing situation?  Happily in maternity! Tried to buy a few things for myself, ended up taking most of them back. It's hard to find good things, I say. 

I'm generally feeling: Pretty dang awesome. Other than feeling like I've done way too many crunches all the time (it feels like my abs are sore from holding my weight over this new bulge in my belly) everything is feeling pretty dang good. Well, good and sleepy that is. 

Notable sibling moments: Last week was rough, this one has been amazing. (Sensing a trend here?) Most notably-- and beware, this is my personal blog, so TMI ahoy-- potty training this week!! She's been interested since 12 months (when the doc said we should start putting her on a toilet and letting her try... which immediately led to her pooping) to a few ups and downs, to now being solidly on the end of day two, with only two wet diapers (one being after yesterday's morning dropoff at Nanas, and the next being today's nap.) I am seriously stoked. The fact that this all seems to be clicking is amazing!! Fingers crossed. It would be so nice to only have one in diapers!! (And she's just so darn happy about it all! Although I can't tell if she's happier about the tinkles, not wearing pants all day, or the candied ginger she gets as a treat after making it happen... who knows!) 

Looking forward to: Again, things slowing down! So slow down already, alright??



No comments:

Post a Comment