Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Baby Wisely: Week 26




How far along? 26 weeks, the size of a head of lettuce (2 pounds, about 14 inches long)

The good?: Started our baby registry-- for some reason test driving strollers got me (even more?) amped about meeting the bean. I'm still having a hard time imagining how life will be with her in it-- so even the little things make me excited.

The bad?: I'm finding that I can't do certain things anymore without sending my back into a mass of spasms. Managed to throw my back out by reaching for a pan, folding a curtain, and bending down to move a table. This has definitely been an odd week for me; I'm not used to asking for help with things-- I'm feeling very lucky that I have a very helpful hubby that notices these things and helps without asking :)

Movement: I've been trying to cut back on the sugar a tad; she seems to be alright with that-- just a few subtle jabs and spins here and there, much more normal feeling than the kickboxer of last week!

Food cravings: Nothing crazy. Is it strange that I feel like I'm failing with the good food stories?

Anything sounding disgusting? Nope!

How's the belly? Approaching the ribs-- I can't tell if she's jamming a foot up there, or if my ribs are just pissed at the change still.

Sleep? Sleeping through the night alright-- I'm starting to really hate being stuck to my side only. I wake up sore and angry, but happy that I've slept well.

Nursery update? Paint? Purchased. We're going the dusty pink route. After 10 paint samples (yes, super sad I know) we finally decided on pink for a girls room. Who knew, right? (Case and point-- our house is too neutral. And green. We're branching out and going girly, officially.) Boo-yah.

5 comments:

  1. I'm so excited to see the paint! Still waiting to really feel her kick. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bring Sara Sugar Kelly!! slip it to her in one of your wonderful looking Kitchen aid made chocolate chip cookies!!! then that little granddaughter of mine will kick up a storm for you.... ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did feed her my cookies and still nothing! It will happen. :)

      Delete
  3. I swear you look more and more squeezable with each post! I so love reading this and following your baby adventures.

    For the record, I love your neutral house. I think it is so welcoming and cute.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I finally did a google account so I could comment on here. I have been loving following your baby adventure! Not to mention you are more and more squeezable in each picture.

    FYI, I love your neutral house. I find it very welcoming and homey.

    ReplyDelete