Thursday, May 16, 2013

Baby Wisely: Week 29

How far along? 29 weeks. And unlike my veggie comparison for the week, I know for a fact that my little bean isn't the suggested 2.5 pounds, but has now reached 3 lbs 4oz-- and officially measuring 1-2 weeks ahead. Our little one is growing--fast!

The good?: Had a great week! Celebrated my first 'nearly' Mothers' Day, as well as had a fabulous day with my own mother and mother-in-law-- great weekend overall! Also received a bag full of beautiful maternity clothes from a co-worker-- which was a God send. I am so thankful for my fancy, no-longer pregnant buddies.

The bad?: As time is quickly approaching, I am beginning to freak out a little bit-- I can't believe how quickly things are going, and that we will soon be in charge of taking care of this little life. Both scary and exciting. In my head I still have to describe it to myself as terrifyingly the neatest thing that will happen to us anytime soon.

Movement: Officially having to do 'kick counts' as instructed by my doctor. First they were happy little  nudges/flips throughout the day, now they are bit like homework-- poor thing won't sleep again with me poking her all the time, making sure she's moving around. I have a feeling she's going to get her revenge in a few months.

Food cravings: Nope!

Anything sounding disgusting? Nope!

Nursery update? Went on--yet another-- trip to Ikea, where we purchased a dresser. Smaller this time! Husband has been sweet and hasn't given me a hard time about my nesting obsessions. Curtains are hung up, still trying to decide of they need stripes. I'm pretty excited. 

How's the belly? Good-- also explained! Our poor baby gal is breeched. Her head is jammed right in my lower right rib cage. No wonder it's been so sore and painful (Get your face out of my rib, little one! I do hope she flips soon though; doc said no need to worry unless she stays breeched for another month or so). 

Sleep? Surprisingly normal, which has been a wonderful treat.

This week really has been great. Between getting to see our bean during our ultrasound on Wednesday (joined again by my mom and hubby, so happy to have them there!), and happily being able to fit into some new clothes, life has been pretty comfortable. I am so thankful for everyone this week-- my family, my husband, my friends-- squishy, but true. I am a very lucky girl, for sure. Thanks everyone :)



3 comments:

  1. I can't wait to meet my niece! It's got to be normal to be delightfully terrified. I want to see pics of the nursery with the new paint and the dresser!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the nursery! Also, it was so exciting to finally feel her kick! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also think those feelings, delightfully terrified, are normal, Amy! big, wonderful, exciting, scary at times, changes coming to your little family of 2 + Walter,I really feel you both are ready for this little girl to be added to your lives... it's a great time!! and with a Special Aunite (Amy) and wonderful friends like Kelly!! Exciting for us all!!!! loved being able to see her on the sonogram!! mom

    ReplyDelete