Sunday, September 13, 2015

Baby Wisely #2: Week 13


Round two, here we go again! 

How far along? 13 weeks 

Best moment this week: Having Norah kiss my belly, and tell me she’s excited to see Baby Sprout. We’ll see if she continues the excitement when baby gets here.

Miss anything yet? Honestly? Nope. I had so much fun last time with Norah, it seems a bit weird to me to want to rush through this because of cookie dough or wine. This is our last kid (quote me on that), so I’m trying to enjoy all of it—even the parts that make me do without! (That being said, heating up deli meat is still a kind of gross pain.)

Movement: I swear I’ve been feeling spins. Which is hooey I think, only because I swore I felt baby spins and kicks the following few weeks after Norah was born. I’m waiting for an official jab of the coming weeks to make it official.

Food cravings: Milk, cherry tomatoes, baked potatoes and string cheese. Although soft serve chocolate ice cream always sounds like a good idea (even though I’m not the hugest fan of ice cream).

Anything sounding disgusting? Dinner. Planning dinner. Thinking about dinner. BLECH. Thinking about sitting down and eating a large meal literally turns my stomach. Bryan has been a champ and has been making me baked potatoes whenever I’d like it, which wins him all the points.

Showing yet? Oh my. Yes. Been showing since about eight weeks. Sup, tummy muscles that have done this before (and mom who never picked up crew since Norah!)

Gender prediction:  I’m convinced this one is a boy. Solely based on the fact that cookies, desserts and cereal don’t sound all that great.

Sleep?  I’m solidly working an every other day, insomnia and crazy person schedule. Every other day I can’t keep myself upright (just downright exhausted), or an chalked full of energy and can’t sleep if I tried. What witchcraft is this?!

Belly button situation? Been out pretty much the week after we found out. Again, what’s up second baby?!

Clothing situation? Baby is sitting pretty high these days, so most things are fitting decently well… other than trying to hide it the past few weeks! (That’s been a fun household joke—it took me 6-7 outfits a night of me doing the walk out to the living room, and Bryan telling me, “um, yes… I can totally tell.” I only had one co-worker say she saw it on me before we spilled the beans. I still want to make her a card for thinking I looked pregnant, not just letting myself go.)

I'm generally feeling:  Quite out of whack. The insomnia/zombie spins have me oddly grumpy, although it’s hard to feel this way for long when you have adorable Norah singing you songs and a sweet sweet husband spoiling me rotten. It could for sure be worse! I blame the hormones.

Looking forward to: Telling Facebook! We are a bit behind the times on this one (having a hard time figuring out how to present appropriately) but something about revealing it to everybody makes me feel so much better—I’m no good at keeping personal secrets!


No comments:

Post a Comment