Friday, September 25, 2015

Baby Wisely #2: Week 16


How far along? 16 weeks 

Best moment this week:  Feeling the first tiny kicks this week! They were teeny... but noticeable! So cool!!

Confusing pregnancy symptom of the week?  Pregnancy brain. Dear, sweet pregnancy brain. The hard part is, I don't have the best memory to start with. So any time baby makes things worse... it's quite embarassing.

Movement: Yes! Teeny tiny toothpick prods on my right side while talking to Anne in the morning at work. What a great way to start the day!

Food cravings:  Nothing 'craving-y' per say-- although this week, overly complicated, rich foods sound incredible. Chai tea has been sounding pretty awesome as well. Made a pear Gruyere pie for Becky's adoption day, definitely hit the spot. (#itsokaysaraspregnant) 

Anything sounding disgusting? Toward the end of the week, even coffee started sounding better. Huzzah! 

Gender prediction:  Officially calling him a 'he...' (If you are a girl, and looking back at this, sorry sweetie-- my parents said I was Kevin until the minute I came out, and I turned out alright.)

Sleep?  Pretty awesome this week actually. Thank goodness for body pillows.

Clothing situation?  Happily swimming in maternity clothes. It's a bit awkward at the moment, but I'm owning it. Note to self: Reading 'the Magical Art of Tidying' right before you get knocked up is not so good. Got rid of seven bags of clothes, and wasn't left with a ton to stretch out in while baby grows.

I'm generally feeling: Pretty awesome this week!

Notable sibling moments: Norah thinks my super-outie is hilarious. 

Looking forward to: hearing baby's heartbeat on Friday!

1 comment: