Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Baby WIsely: Week 38




How far along? 38 weeks, about the size of a leek

The good?: Life is back to normal in our household. And I think we are (can you ever be?) feeling ready for our bean's arrival-- it's been nice only having to worry about sitting back, relaxing, and staying cool.

The bad?: I think my body is officially starting to give up on me a bit. It's a bit strange wishing I didn't have to walk anywhere. I have all this energy and no body to use it with. Not to mention, if I lay down or sit too long it takes me a minute or two to not move like a 90-year old woman...

The New?: After a chat with our doc last week, we have a plan. Doc decided that she was extremely unlikely to turn, so we decided against a version (manually flipping her). She says it only works about half the time in a 'normal' case; but in my case she's far too large, and my fluid is too low. Not good odds for an extra treatment and extra stress on little one. We scheduled the c-section on Monday the 29th (I will be at 40 weeks exactly), to hopefully give her the most time she can to flip just in case. Not originally my plan, but she is still happy and healthy the best we can tell, and that's the best we can ask for.

Movement: She loves the flashlight! One of my 'tricks to flip' is putting a flashlight under my belly, thinking she will go try and check it out. It's sad though-- I can literally feel her trying to push her way down with her arms, but no go. Poor thing!

Nursery update? Done and done!

How's the belly? Large. Very large. 

Sleep?: Interrupted by massive bathroom runs, and painful to turn over, but still sleeping well. (Sounds feeble... but I've heard so many stories of pregnancy insomnia and other horrors that I still feel lucky.)

Only two weeks left! I can't really believe it. We are packing our hospital bag tonight (just in case!), have the car seat in the Mazda. Only thing left to do is take it super easy (minus my flipping exercises!), and wait for her birthday-- which is on my Omi's! (And a day after my dad's :) She is destined to join my lovely bunch of Leo's!)

2 comments:

  1. LOVE LOVE LOVE!!!!! I'm so excited to meet this little girl! You look adorable!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I predict many awesome pool party Birthdays in our family's future. SO EXCITED!

    ReplyDelete